The citizens of El Cerrito will have to authorize a bond measure to pay for designing and building a structure to house an upgraded library. But the money from the bond measure can’t pay for things we need inside the library such as furniture, fixtures, computers, and more. That’s where the Foundation’s fundraising activities are important. The Foundation’s goal is to raise at least $2,500,000 by the end of 2017, to be used as follows:
$75,000 – Community outreach, define service and building themes.
$75,000 – Conceptual design.
$200,000 – Develop and maintain special collections.
$1,050,000 – Infrastructure (fixtures and technology at $50 per square foot).
$1,100,000 – Fund an endowment for library programs.
El Cerrito Library Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization.
Here are the ways you can help
- You can make a tax-deductible gift to support our efforts for any number of years.
- Your gift can be an unrestricted gift or you can specify a certain way that you want your gift to be used.
- The El Cerrito Library Foundation accepts not only cash gifts but also stocks and bonds. Some people prefer to donate appreciated stocks and bonds since the market values can often be used as charitable deductions from the donor’s income tax.
- Donors aged 70-1⁄2 years and up may be able to exclude from their taxable income any gifts that are made directly from a taxable IRA.
- If you have a donor-advised fund it is easy to make a gift from that fund to the El Cerrito Library Foundation.
- The El Cerrito Library Foundation also accepts gifts of real estate.
- Please consider including the library in your estate planning via your trust and will – particularly for the endowment fund.
There are two ways to donate:
Mail a check:
El Cerrito Library Foundation
P.O. Box 2611
El Cerrito, CA 94530
The Foundation’s tax ID# is 47-1112720
Or online with a credit card:
FirstGiving. The service collects a 7.5% transaction fee per donation.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your donation will MAKE A DIFFERENCE